Re: New Dinosauricon Taxon Pages: _Therizinosauria_

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jaime A. Headden" <qilongia@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 6:34 AM

>   Luc Bailly (aspidel@wanadoo.be) brought up similar secundae nomina
> (actual Latin, nomina secundae, for purists; the singular for "first name"
> is nominus primus, but I'm trying to be consistent)

?!? That sounds like a statement of fact! Actual Latin, for purists and
everyone else: 1 nomen primum, 2 nomina prima; 1 nomen secundum, 2 nomina
secunda. It's neutral. Nomen, nominis, nomini... Word order is not important
(especially not in poetry), but correct endings are.

BTW... the hypothetical *Caudipteryx* hybrid would probably not be described
as a new species, but treated as evidence that the currently recognized
species are individual variation. Unless we find large numbers (100s) of
specimens of the current species, and that one hybrid stays the only
specimen with an intermediate morphology.