Re: New Dinosauricon Taxon Pages: _Therizinosauria_

<?!? That sounds like a statement of fact! Actual Latin, for purists and
everyone else: 1 nomen primum, 2 nomina prima; 1 nomen secundum, 2 nomina
secunda. It's neutral. Nomen, nominis, nomini... Word order is not
important (especially not in poetry), but correct endings are.>

  Nominus exists, and though nominus and primus not together, they are
valid terms; their relation to one another is wrong, but I was referring
to language, not grammar, and was trying to keep in the sense. Notably,
the dictionaries I have support praenomen for "first name", and nothing
for the second. In keeping with earlier structures (as I said) nomen and
the adjective prima are used. The singular genetive "nominus" (neuter)
would work in apposition to "primo" and as I said, I used them wrong
together. "Primus" is given in Lewis and Short as a noun, and "primus
nominus" is possible in this manner, but I may be kidding myself. Does
anyone have an alternate form that coincides with other utilized latin
"nomen" structures in taxonomy?

<BTW... the hypothetical *Caudipteryx* hybrid would probably not be
described as a new species, but treated as evidence that the currently
recognized species are individual variation. Unless we find large numbers
(100s) of specimens of the current species, and that one hybrid stays the
only specimen with an intermediate morphology.>

  Unless the two current species (if extant) would be taken as true
genetic species, having retained their genetic identity throughout how
ever many tens of generations it would take to "make them unique"
thoughout the various geographical populations that each may have. *C.
dongi* is known from a single skeleton, and this makes it harder to judge
its relative nature to *C. zoui*. Who knows. Fossils are best described by
morphology.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden