Re: Therizinosauria or Segnosauria? (was RE: New Dino...)

<Segnosauria has priority over Therizinosauria, but Therizinosauroidea and
all other family-level names based on Therizinosaurus have priority over
all family-level names based on Segnosaurus.>

  I won't assume that I am the major proponent of use of Segnosauria over
Therizinosauria, but I come pretty darn close -- however, Mike Keesey is
right in saying that as supra-familial taxonomy, and well as lacking in
phylogenetic definitions that can be compared to each other, Segnosauria
is unknown in status or nature when compared to Therizinosauria.
Therizinosauria cannot be used in the ICZN's system, and issues of
priority of roughly useless.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden