Re: New Dinosauricon Taxon Pages: _Therizinosauria_

--- "Jaime A. Headden" <qilongia@yahoo.com> wrote:
>   As I wrote in the original post, each species has a unique prima nomen,
> and I just detailed this. I kinda hope it wasn't overlooked originally.

So you would want to give every species a unique praenomen (based on a genus
name, if available)? Then what's the point of having the second part of the
name at all? And how are we supposed to name all those species which have never
been type of their own genus?

There are millions of named species, and far more currently unnamed. It does
not seem possible to give each one a unique, pronounceable name. This is why I
(at least provisionally) went with the option of including the citation as part
of the full name.

=====
=====> Instant Messenger <Ric Blayze>
=====