re: New refs (from Italy) [Eusauropterygia]

 --- aegyptiacus@aol.com wrote: >

> "Eusauropterygia? Is there false Sauropterygians out
> there? ;)"

Eusauropterygia was proposed by Storrs (1993)for a
more exclusive clade within Sauropterygia. However,
subsequent revision of sauropterygian
interrelationships (Rieppel, 1998)revealed it to be
polyphyletic and therefore redundant. I wasn't aware
the term was still in formal use. Am I missing a key
reference?

Adam,
University of Bristol

=====