RE: New Dinosauricon Taxon Pages: _Therizinosauria_

--- Daniel Bensen <dbensen@bowdoin.edu> wrote:

> The only problem with this format is that it might be a little hard to
> navigate for someone who doesn't know what they're doing (I went to the
> Velociraptor page and didn't find much...oh...I have to go to the
> mongoliensis page to get information).  That problem, however, is pretty
> well addressed by HP Keesey's copious cross-referencing, and I'm sure
> there'll be an in-site search engine at some point.

OK, I mitigated this. All monotypic clades should now say "see {type species}"
in the essay section.

I also added a way to distinguish between homonymous species named in the same
paper. Each gets a positive integer based on the order in which they were
defined. Thus (if I am not mistaken), _mongoliensis_ (1) Osborn 1924 belongs to
_Velociraptor_, and _mongoliensis_ (2) Osborn 1924 belongs to
_Saurornithoides_. You can see this here:
http://dino.lm.com/taxa/display.php?name=Therizinosauroidea#definitions, in the
second definition's formula.

=====
=====> Instant Messenger <Ric Blayze>