Re: Dinosaur Genera List update #198

<     Heyuannia Lü, 2003
      Heyuania Lü, 2003: Misspelling
      Theropoda > Tetanurae > Coeluria > Maniraptora > Oviraptorosauria >
  Oviraptoridae
  Heyuannia huangi Lü, 2003?
      Heyuania huangi Lü, 2003: Misspelling in original description
      Late Cretaceous > Maastrichtian(?) > Dalangshan Fm.
      Asia > China >Guangdong Prov. > Heyuan City > quarry near Huangsha
village
      HYMV1-1: Partial articulated skeleton w/ skull material, missing
only forelimbs and distal caudal vertebrae
      Hypodigm APK:25/75: HYMV1-2 furcula, partial right shoulder girdle
and forelimb; HYMV1-3 partial right manus, and HYMV1-4, both associated
with holotype skeleton; and MYMV1-5, left manus; all in addition to
holotype skeleton and likely belonging to the same individual.>

  As a clarification, there are at least two specimens of *Heyuannia*
preserved on the block described by Lü. See:

  http://www.cmnh.org/dinoarch/2003Jan/msg00152.html

  where in one sentence I wrote: The holotype and four refered specimens
are HYMV1-1--5, and are all essentially on the same block and all probably
even belong to the same specimen." This was an allusion to a simgle
specimen being, not an individual, but block of fossils. Later, I write:
"Two animals are preserved together, possibly three: the first animal is
represented by the type; another is represented by partial legs and pubis
(HYMV1-4) that are closely assosicated to the type, in that they form a
contiguous block when assembled; HYMV1-3 and 1-5 are both separated and
represent a right manus and right arm, respectively. The manus may belong
to the type, as it lacks forelimb material, but the right arm has a
furcula, as does the type, and it does not belong to the same animal."

  I hope this helps.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden