Re: Theropod phylogenies

Katerina wrote-

> I just sent Mickey Mortimer some references: Could he
> kindly post them to the list. If you ask many of the
> whole genome analysts they would clearly tell you the
> absence of support for ecdysozoa that include
> nematodes. The model they favor and I have seen the
> data with my own eyes (some colleagues have published
> on this) is:
>  |---------arthropods
>  |    |____vertebrates
>  |_________Nematodes

Certainly interesting, though I'd want to see the results when lots of
different phyla are analyzed.

BMC Evol Biol  2002 Apr 8;2(1):7
The evolutionary position of nematodes.
Blair JE, Ikeo K, Gojobori T, Hedges SB.
http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1471-2148-2-7.pdf

Science  2001 Feb 16;291(5507):1279-84
Apoptotic molecular machinery: vastly increased
complexity in vertebrates revealed by genome
comparisons.
Aravind L, Dixit VM, Koonin EV.

Nature  2001 Feb 15;409(6822):860-921
Initial sequencing and analysis of the human genome.
Lander ES et al

Mickey Mortimer