RE: EUSAUROPTERYGIA

I have sent this. Did it reached you or simply you decided to ignore it? Is
it difficult to understand? Is my English so incomprehensible?

Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 19:01
From: Fabio Marco Dalla Vecchia <fabdalla@tin.it>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: re: New refs (from Italy) [Eusauropterygia]

--- aegyptiacus@aol.com wrote:>> "Eusauropterygia? Is there false
Sauropterygians out there? ;)"

Adam,University of Bristol: >Eusauropterygia was proposed by Storrs (1993)
for a more exclusive clade within Sauropterygia. However, subsequent
revision of sauropterygian interrelationships (Rieppel, 1998)revealed it to
be polyphyletic and therefore redundant. I wasn't aware the term was still
in formal use. Am I missing a key reference?

Yes.
RIEPPEL (2000) - Sauropterygia I. In Wellnhofer P. (ed.), Handbuch der
Paläoherpetologie, part 12A, 134 pp., Dr. Friedrich Pfeil, München.

Incidentally, Rieppel reviewed our paper.

Fabio M. Dalla Vecchia