Re: FEDUCCIA IN AUK/BEAST OF GEVAUDAN

Yes... The Beast is pretty much of an enigma... which is why it's as neat as it
is. Mr. Naish, thanks for the tid bit on the suggestion of it being a
*Machairodus*. I must have somehow missed that this was thought of as a
possibility when I thumbed through the literature. (I also need to get the
director's cut on DVD.) And by the way, a person who's friend worked on the CG
for the Beast wrote me and said it was supposed to have been a regular old
modern lion. Well, if that's the case, the only thing I am disappointed in is
the animation, sorry to say.

But anyway... Back to why I wrote what I wrote to begin with. The opinions
about the movie are nice and all, but, that's not why I brought this up. It's
about creodonts. Anyone know of any good books on creodonts... I'd like to get
my hands on a good antilodont book as well.

Thanks
Kris