Protoceratops tail

Searching the web and my library for skeletal reconstructions of
Protoceratops, I came upon two basic camps of critter (even ignoring all
the morphological differences between "male" and "female" specimens).
Some reconstructions are given a tail that curves sharply down and then
smoothly back up, as in Alessandro Marisa's image on the old
Dinosauricon:
http://dinosauricon.com/images/protoceratops-male-am.html

Other reconstructions, such as the Greg Paul pic in Dodson's _The Horned
Dinosaurs_, reconstructs the animal with a tail that sticks straight
out.

What are the thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Dan