Re: FEDUCCIA IN AUK/BEAST OF GEVAUDAN

Hi all
just to end the non-dinosaurian thread (before our respected list co-owners do
it ;-).Here in France, the Beast from Gevaudan has created many legends.There
are facts (already cited on this thread).One point is that one of the main
protagonists involved in the Beast affair (a suspect,I mean,the hunter himself)
spent many years in Africa.It is believed (no certainty, here, just
presumptions) that he brought back a lion (or more probably a lionness, as the
animal is said not to have a (sorry, my English ends ere again) "criniere",that
hair around the head).Many witnesses had said that either the Beast was kind of
striped like a hyaena,others said that it was lion-like coloured(they actually
didn't use these words but I can't recall,again,the word for this colour.Age is
a big problem).One thing is sure: there wasn't ONE Beast,and it wasn't a
wolf.That was my point.

As for Mickey's analysis : Chapeau,my friend,for a trial(as you say),it's a
good one.Keep on.

See:I mentionned something dinosaur-related.
Cheers,
Jean-Michel