Re: Tail length & preening

> If this option is true, it
> would mean the tail could bend a significant amount. A curvature in excess
of
> 180 degrees. It seems basal dromaeosaur tails were either very springy
> things, capable of swinging far cranially,

Almost certainly impossible. Judging from the photos of the tails of *M.
zhaoianus*
specimens in the AMNH Novitates paper, the tail was a total broomstick. A
bend of a
few degrees was enough to break one of them.

Am I glad Linux still works. All our Windows files, except part of the
system files,
are gone, even though the directories, now empty, are all still there. Maybe
the
harddisks got fried... ~:.-(

*    This Mail List at USC.EDU only accepts PLAIN TEXT    *