Archaeoceratops Synonymy?

I don't know who suggested it here, and I don't think I really care. Some
tried to suggest that *Archaeoceratops* could be a junior synonym of
*Graciliceratops*. This is bizarre, but no way it will work, for two
reasons:

  1), and the least important, as the earlier named "genus",
*Archaeoceratops* has priority over *Graciliceratops*, even if the species
are synonymous. The combination may become *Archaeoceratops gobiensis*,
but this is really quite irrelevant as

  2) the type of *Graciliceratops*, as applied by Sereno, includes a
large, expansive frill that is almost identical to *Protoceratops*
including a deep, diagnostic coronosaurian plate caudal to the fenestrae
in the frill. *Archaeoceratops* lacks this design, not to mention the
fenestrae. The lower jaws also differ, and the teeth are of an advanced,
shearing design of more closely-packed, scissor teeth, whereas in
*Archaeoceratops* they are more separated and larger, and the dentary is
deeper for its size. There is some difference in the pelvis, but this is
not significant, or at least not so much as in that of the frill.
*Gaciliceratops* is a coronosaurian, and is a protoceratopsid;
*Archaeoceratops* is a basal neoceratopsian, more primitive than the
non-coronosaurian leptoceratopsids, as according to analyses by Makovicky,
2001; and Makovicky, Xu, et al., 2002. This is corroborated in direct
observation of shoulder, pelvis, and cranial design features, with an
increase in quadrupedality, larger necks as the animals increased in size,
and an enlargement of the post-squamosal parietal region both caudally and
laterally....

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden