The head of Arthurdactylus?

Well, here's what a cladogram can do:

I've matched 60 pterosaur taxa against 170 characters and PAUP came up
with a single tree. One of the interesting things to emerge was this:

Cearadactylus, known only from a skull sans cranium, came out as the
sister taxon to Arthurdactylus, known only from post-crania.

I don't know whether to smile or scratch my head.

Did PAUP put them together because they were the last two "wallflowers
"in the clade? Or is this PAUP at its very best? Has this happened
elsewhere on the family tree of tetrapods?

Also, side note: Can anyone quote how Prince Charles Bonaparte diagnosed
the Pterodactylidae in 1838? The reference is so obscure that it's not
listed in Wellnhofer 1970 or 1991.

David Peters
St. Louis