Re: The head of Arthurdactylus?

Posted for Chris Brochu:
_____

David Peters wrote:

< I've matched 60 pterosaur taxa against 170 characters and PAUP came up with a
single tree. One of the interesting things to emerge was this:>

< Cearadactylus, known only from a skull sans cranium, came out as the sister
taxon to Arthurdactylus, known only from post-crania.>

< I don't know whether to smile or scratch my head.>

< Did PAUP put them together because they were the last two "wallflowers "in
the clade? Or is this PAUP at its very best? Has this happened elsewhere on the
family tree of tetrapods? >

I'd be much, much more concerned about getting only ONE tree with 60 ingroup
taxa and 170 characters.

chris

Christopher A. Brochu
Assistant Professor