Re: other questions

In a message dated 2/16/03 10:49:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
smithjb@levee.wustl.edu writes:

<< Entirely possible.  Your conversation took place before the talks I had
 with Peter about it took place.  As I said above, I was relaying what I
 recall hearing from him...it is a bit difficult to extrapolate from that
 what he was ACTUALLY thinking. >>

Perhaps. But if he had thought of using a collective singular when he created
the name, he would surely have told me his reasoning when first confronted
with my proposed emendation. The fact that he didn't is pretty compelling
evidence that he hadn't yet thought of. Of course, this is a "he said, he
said" situation between him and me.