Re: User-defined trees

In PAUP*, at least, a user-defined tree is given at the end of the matrix
where you constrain the topology, say you want to see the tree where
Paul's taxonomic arrangement would affect homoplasy and character polarity
in stem birds and non-paravians, etc., you use his intuitive arrangement
and check the stats. One can easily use trees of Holtz and Xu et al. to do
this. The tree of Hwang et al. is the same oas Xu et al. plus two
characters. Problem is, the last has a character list that was supposed to
be online, and it isn't, so this matrix cann't be adequately compare to Xu
et al.. Onee may, with PAUP at least, give multiple constraints and
specify, when running the matrix, wether you want to use one, another, or
so forth.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden