Re: For the artists...off-topic underwater

***  Yes Dan,  I remember seeing images by Larry Tople published in Wildlife
Art magazine several years back.  His, below the surface "atmospheric
perspective / depth of field" treatment of the fishes environment as you
move past the picture plane is extremely well handled and very seductive [
you also have produced some very nice treatments of marine environments
along the way ;o) ] and is a very important element in the "feel" of marine
paleo reconstruction. Another recent piece that conveys that sort of
tangible feel of aqueous suspension is Todd Marshall's "Helicoprion".  I
envy your proximity to a display of Tople's original work!  It should be a
real treat. Enjoy!

Mike Skrepnick

> Here are some images to study for underwater effects by a master. Larry
Tople
> for years and years has been creating breath-taking paintings for the
cover
> of "In-Fisherman" magazine. In the early years they were beautifully
> reproduced, but, as time passed, more and more copy obscurred his lovely
oil
> paintings. Now they have surfaced at the website below. He's a fine
> draftsman, but his genius is giving palpability to the waters his fish
live
> in. This is very difficult to convey, believe me. So have a peek at these
> images before you do your version of any of the great marine reptiles. DV
PS