Re: Ground Effect & Gliding Q

Brown Pelicans, Black Skimmers and Swallows employ ground effects in flight.
But then these are already excellent fliers with high aspect wings to begin
with.  And these birds have to be moving at a pretty good clip for the
ground effects to take place.  I wouldn't think it would be something that a
novice flyer would use immediately;  evolutionarily speaking that is.  -
Bill