Re: Hiram Bingham or Roy Chapman Andrews?

I suspect there was more than one model for Indiana Jones. Certainly many looked the part. I have seen a photo of Junius Bird, an archaeologist at the American Museum of Natural History and brother of paleontologist R.T. Bird, which shows him looking uncannily like Indiana Jones. -- Jeff Hecht