Re: Hiram Bingham or Roy Chapman Andrews?

Jane Davidson says:
    << Well I have always heard the story that it was RCA who was the "model"
for
Indiana Jones.  >>

       Well, the Central Asiatic Expedition did have a snake episode and a
sidekick named "Buckshot". It's my understanding that Walter Granger is the
one most overlooked in the adventure department.
       Interestingly, back some years ago, there was a brief flurry of rumors
to the effect that the third Indiana Jones film (with Sean Connery) was to
have been filmed using Phil Tippett-animated dinosaurs. Of course it never
came to pass much like the lamented Willis O'Brien projects, Gwangi, Valley
of the Mist, and War Eagles. I believe the property morphed eventually into
Disney's "Dinosaur". DV