Re: ZALMOXES

In a message dated 2/24/03 3:02:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
darren.naish@port.ac.uk writes:

<< This begs the question: when is someone
 going to give _I. atherfieldensis_ its own genus? >>

Several genera that may have been synonymized with Iguanodon on the basis of
similarities with I. atherfieldensis include: Heterosaurus, Therosaurus,
Vectisaurus, and Sphenospondylus. The material on which these genera are
based has to be reexamined, lest the genera prove to be senior synonyms of
any new genus created for I. atherfieldensis. Likewise, the type species of
these genera have to be reexamined as possible senior synonyms of I.
atherfieldensis. It's a big mess that will take some time to rectify, I think.