Re: Burpee Recollections

Steve Brusatte wrote-
us, Carr also discussed his view that none of the stated diagnostic
characters of Bakker et al. are valid, meaning that if the Burpee specimen is not a juvenile _Tyrannosaurus_, it would require a new name.

Funny, I thought that if a taxon didn't need to be renamed simply for lack of diagnostic characters. I thought it could just be re-diagnosed...

I heard that HP Paul's talk has interesting conclusions for eumaniraptoran taxonomy, like the synonymy of certain genera.

Nick Gardner