feathers

In the march issue of Scientific American there is an article by Richard
Prum and Alan Brush entitled "Which came First the Feather or the Bird'. One
s first response is "Oh NO not another one saying the same damn things." Or
something like that.

However as I read the article I became more and more impressed. It is well
written and walks one thru feather development and how it fits in with the
data from feathered dinos. The feather development was pretty good I thought
 The attachment of that description to the fossil record was pretty hasty
and devoid of detail especially wrt the #3 feather which is pretty important

Now I am an amateur and I would like to hear some professional comment on
the article.

paul sparks