Re: SYNTARSUS/MEGAPNOSAURUS

> That works for _S. rhodesiensis_ - and Alex Downs' work pretty much
> nails the synonymy of _Syntarsus_ (=_Megapnosaurus_) and _Coelophysis_.
> But what do you call _"Syntarsus" kayentakatae_?

Hmmm... *Coelophyis*, too? Anyway, it is no type species so far... let's
wait until someone figures out its phylogenetic position. :-)

> Apparently the authors of _Megapnosaurus_ thought Mike Raath was dead:
>
> http://www.cmnh.org/dinoarch/2002Feb/msg00086.html
>
> The rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated: the good Dr Raath was

> alive after all.

I must say that sending a letter (and just one at that) into a country
like Zimbabwe was a bit naïve. If even Austria, something like the 7th
richest country in the world, can't manage to speed up its snail-mail to
anything acceptable... who knows how soon the letter was opened to look
for money, or in what mud it rotted after having been lost.

> Perhaps he was like our ancient Gothic friend Zalmoxes:

Anything but Gothic. Well, most probably Indo-European, but that probably
was it. :-)