Re: sauropod behaviour speculations

From: Stephan Pickering <stefanpickering2002@yahoo.com>

Both investigations should be studied with care and
open-mindedness, as I believe (contra the opinions of
some) that ungulates might provide one with
interesting ecological templates which might, just
might, give one an inferred glimpse, a possible
interpolative framework, of how small sauropod taxa
may have been behaving near lakes and rivers.

Is this not the opposite of science, though? Taking some long-gone group like the sauropods and trying to mold them to these preconceived "templates," as you call them? With all due respect, I think that we should just work with what we are given and take it from there. Otherwise we risk a huge bias.

Jordan Mallon

Vertebrate Paleontology & Paleoecology

Website: http://www.geocities.com/paleoportfolio/
AIM: jslice mallon