Re: the future is wild, review

Jeff Hecht wrote-

There's nothing wrong with speculation that's identified as such. From the recent round of complaints, it sounds like the latest documentaries (which I haven't seen) don't do a good job of identifying what's speculative.

Definitely, at the time in which I was watching the documentary, one of my relatives (mother) was also watching and thought that the entire program was a serious discussion of the future fauna of Earth and that somehow these clever scientists had figured it out somewhat. Consider, has anyone here ever seen that documentary about dinosaurs long ago (early 1990's) where the host (Don Lessem?) turns into a dinosaur? When I first saw that, I was rather young and took it very seriously.

Nick Gardner