Re: the future is wild, review

Rita Miller (blackholesnbones@sbcglobal.net) wrote:

<There isn't a place on earth where humankind hasn't stuck its fingers
into the gene pool and interfered with natural evolution one way or
another. It's always active interference, never passive.>

  While I understand the emotion behind this, I must respectfully disagree
and would point out that conservation has prevented damage in many places,
preserved large stretches of natural habitat, made reparations to what we
have done, as well as pointed out areas of the earth not molested by man,
including the deeper stretches of the ocean, Antarctica, the alpine
reaches, nearly all of the Galápagos Is., and many other albeit remote
places on the planet.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden