Re: the future is wild, review

> reaches, nearly all of the Galápagos Is., and many other albeit remote
> places on the planet.

Dear Jaime, Rita and List,

    I am going to have to agree with Rita on this one. For the record, The
Galapagos islands were raped for hundreds of years before conservation
efforts were set in place to preserve the harshly depleted ecosystem there.
More than half of the giant tortoise species along with many birds and other
native species were wiped out by man's interference.
    If you want more information, try David Quemmin's "Song of the Dodo".
This is a beautifully written book on island decay and modern attempts at
conservation. Oh, and dinosaurs are cool.

Cliff Green

Cheers,

> =====
> Jaime A. Headden
>
>   Little steps are often the hardest to take.  We are too used to making
leaps in the face of adversity, that a simple skip is so hard to do.  We
should all learn to walk soft, walk small, see the world around us rather
than zoom by it.