Re: the future is wild, review

In a message dated 1/3/03 4:38:57 PM EST, blackholesnbones@sbcglobal.net
writes:

<< There are species, however, that love mosquitos. Frogs, birds and many
other
 kinds of critters eat mosquitos. In fact, that's pretty much all they eat.
 These species are going extinct because we have killed off their food
 source. The few that have evolved to eat other things because of OUR
 efforts, have begun eating bees and other beneficial insects. >>

I don't know of a single organism on earth whose diet consists exclusively of
mosquitos. If we were to exterminate (in some environmentally friendly
manner) all the earth's mosquitos, not a single other organism would be
destroyed except for a number of disease protozoa that require mosquitos in
their life cycle. We would be well rid of mosquitos and the noxious germs
they carry, and no harm done to any other species.