RE: For wildlife-art lovers

Hi,
I don't know the facts, but had assumed David Attenborough had turned
the job down.  It would have been inconceivable for the BBC not to have
invited Attenborough to do the series given its and his profile.  I do
know he turned down the job of leading the entire corporation so that he
could do wildlife programmes, and most of what we see as natural history
TV is based on his work.  In addition, he continues to host all the
really serious natural history programmes on the BBC, so I can't see how
they'd have gone with someone else by choice.

Christian Darkin