re: the short-toothed ctenochasmatid

Checking out other references in my files, I came across the
short-toothed ctenochasmatid paper a few minutes after the last post.
The strange rostrum belongs to Ctenochasma porocristata (Buisonjé 1981).

Perhaps the reason why it passed previous notice is that Buisonje, in
his reconstruction, followed a paradigm and lengthened the teeth,
thinking they were all broken off during taphonomy. The trouble is, most
of the tips are sharp and they appear to be vertically implanted.

Probably not Ctenochasma.

This VIF provides good evidence to tie two formerly separated clades
together.

Cladograms work!

More later.

David Peters