Re: Dark-wing Rhamphorhynchus

Dave Peters (davidrpeters@earthlink.net) wrote:

<On the same subject, there appears to be a purported ctenochasmatid
rostrum with extremely short teeth from the Solnhofen area. Anyone know
anything about this specimen? You can find it on the web at Juergen Harf's
site:

http://www.uni-mainz.de/~harfj000/ctenochasma_sp_02_o.jpg>

  Rather than short teeth, this jaw may be lacking teeth, with interdental
plates apparent. If anything, the spacing and size of the apparent tooth
sockets indicates reference to Solnhofen *Ctenochasma*.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden