Re: Popularity of dinosaurs in the 1920s/30s? (King Kong question)

Jim Cunningham sez:

<< Collier's used to run some pretty good SF and fantasy from time to time. >>

       "Collier's" and Chesley Bonestell were responsible for the birth of
our space program in large part, if I'm not mistaken. I remember my parents
getting the issue of "Collier's" with a feature story on the Grand Opening of
Ned Colbert's then new Jurassic Dinosaur hall at the AMNH. There was a little
photo that had Knight's Allosaurus sculpture that haunted me for years. This
would be 1954-55 sometime.
       There was also a "Saturday Evening Post"story by a guy named Bradbury
titled, "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms", I believe. DV