Re: "Hypsilophodontidae" et al

Mickey Mortimer (mickey_mortimer111@msn.com) wrote:

<Zephyrosaurus is just known from a partial skull, mandible fragment, and
vertebral peices.>

  There is a another partial skeleton including most of the vertebrae,
ribs, and most of the limb bones and another skull, located in the MOR
collections, but this is undescribed as yet.

<Othnielia has been described in various places, though no skull is
known.>

  A skull is not possessed in any museum, but the type skeleton
purportedly had a skull. When the specimen was first identified in the
field, it was both the skull and postcrania, but could not be collected.
When the team returned to the skeleton after a season, the skull was
missing, and they could only collect the postcrania. There's a real thirst
for skulls (I don't know why as hypsie postcrania is so much more
interesting) of dinosaurs. Another purported *Othneilia* skull is
apparently out there, but I've only seen a cast of it, and it's all
crushed and mixed up.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden