Re: KERATINOUS SKULLS & G. CASELLI

> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:43:47 +0000
> From: darren.naish@port.ac.uk
>
> The skulls of elephants (or _Elephas
> maximus_ at least) exhibit areas on the frontals deeply
> incised by what appear to be channels for blood vessels,
> pretty much identical to the surface texture of ceratopian
> frills. Obviously, elephant frontals are not covered by a
> keratinous sheath. This bone texture does not therefore
> indicate a keratinous covering. I wonder if Horner and
> Marshall know this.

You read it here first: I now await the inevitable popular
press article, _Tricertops had a Trunk, Scientist Claims_.
(Featuring, of course, the obligatory popular-press reference
to _T. rex_ -- probably in the form "... which were preyed
on by the mighty _Tyrannosaurus rex_ ...")

Reminds me of "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"  :-)

)_v__/\  "For the sake of portability it is a good idea to always
         use it when appropriate, and to never use it when it isn't
         appropriate" -- Perl's manual entry for the binmode()
         function.

Note for the humour-impaired: I am NOT claiming that this
is what HP Naish is actually saying.