Re: Regarding Hou's Mesozoic Birds of China

Nick Gardner wrote-

> Perhaps someone should get a hold on the original description or
photographs
> of C. caudatus?  Image searches on Google bring up nothing relevant.  And
> where were you going with... "Like most aspects of Hou's (1997) taxa,"?

That is the original description of "Cathayornis" caudatus.

Like most aspects of Hou's (1997) taxa, .... I consider characters gathered
from his descriptions and illustrations as only provisionally valid until
Chiappe or others have a chance to describe the specimens.

Mickey Mortimer