Re: theropod infanticide revisited

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:07:26
 Jaime A. Headden wrote:
>  Should remark [again, apparently ignored by some] that some presented
>though unpublished (except in abstract form) work by Rob Gay has
>questioned this view, the only taxon to exhibit any evidence of having fed
>on juveniles of its own species. The data being predicated on a
>misobservation of juveniles beneath the ribcage rather than within in.
>Hopefully this will be published soon and we may be able to evaluate the
>data that any sort of non-avian theropod ate its own kind.

Somebody a few weeks ago posted a well-written National Geographic online
article about Rob's work, and the respones of other paleontologists to it.  I
don't recall the URL, but it is worth reading.  Some other researchers bring up
interesting points, and I hope that Rob soon addresses them in a full length
paper!  Please, Rob! :-)

Steve

---
Stephen Brusatte