Re: Archaeopteryx, Othnielia & pachycephalosaurs

> >From: "Aspidel" <aspidel@wanadoo.be>
> >> Flank butting might have caused rib injuries IMHO. Is there evidence of
> >such
> >> rib injuries in the pachycephalosaurs skeletons?

Hmmm, I can't imagine there is much mileage in an adaptation which risks
possible _frequent_ (annual?) rib injury. Sure, we know occasional
injuries do happen to various head-butting/shoving species, but isn't it
likely that the reason that (reinforced) _heads_ have evolved is
precisely because hitting other body parts is too liable to break
things?

cheers, m

--
Gordon M. Human