[no subject]

I wrote
> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:02:39 -0500
> From: aegyptiacus@aol.com
>
> Pachycephalosaurs were herbivores. Why not use their thick
> head-domes to knock down small trees so as to get access to gorgeous
> leaves?
To which mike@seatbooker.net answered :
It's incredibly hard to knock down trees by a sudden impact because in
addition to being strong, they are resilient (in the sense of
elastic).  I don't believe even the largest pachies could have done
this to any tree they couldn't more easily have pushed over by
sustained application of body-weight.

OK, I might have been too dreamy, but these domes had a fuction, whatever it
was. If not to knock down trees (a hypothesis which I realize now is silly),
then what for? Apparently, there's no scars, no marks indicating they could
have used them in fights. Even Stego's plates have a supposed (and most
probably true) protective function. So what about the thickness of their dome?
Cheers,
Jean-Michel