Re: theropod infanticide revisited

--- "Jaime A. Headden" <qilongia@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Stephan Pickering (stefanpickering2002@yahoo.com)
> wrote:
>
> <The recent posting re: the USNM's observation that
> Coelophysis very
> likely indulged, so to speak, in infanticide is
> rather out-dated, as Ned
> Colbert decades ago believed it based on the
> evidence. A new paper on
> theropod infanticide offers intriguing data for the
> growing body of
> literature (an excellent compendium is D.W. Mock &
> G.A. Parker, 1997, The
> evolution of sibling rivalry (Oxford University
> Press): Grzegorz
> Klosowski, Tomasz Klosowski, Piotr Zielinski, 2002.
> A case of parental
> infanticide in the black stork Ciconia nigra, Avian
> Science 2(1):59-62.>
>
>   Should remark [again, apparently ignored by some]
> that some presented
> though unpublished (except in abstract form) work by
> Rob Gay has
> questioned this view, the only taxon to exhibit any
> evidence of having fed
> on juveniles of its own species. The data being
> predicated on a
> misobservation of juveniles beneath the ribcage
> rather than within in.
> Hopefully this will be published soon and we may be
> able to evaluate the
> data that any sort of non-avian theropod ate its own
> kind.
>******************************************************REPLY:
Excuse me, Jaime, but this editorial emendation on
your part is nonsense, as I have a rather good grasp
of English. I specifically stated "behavioral
infanticide among theropods", as researchers are
"draw[ing] from the bulk" of living dinosaurs. You may
read into my sentences whatever you wish, you may opt
to use nouns for whatever you wish to term extant
theropods, but "birds" are living dinosaurs, and, had
I wished to write something else, I would have. You
have the propensity of wishing to re-write the words
of scholars to suit your own ideology; you do not have
the right to edit my work. The study of extant
theropods is a worthy subject of any forum. L'shanah
Tovah.