Re: a great little "narrow wing" pterosaur specimen

David Peters (davidrpeters@earthlink.net) wrote:

<http://paleo.amnh.org/fossil/FRC.image_list?taxon_name=Cynorhamphus>

  I'd hate to say this, but this specimen is poorly preserved skeletally,
and one cannot determine where the trailing edge of the wing goes inboard
of the elbow. Folding of the wing appears to reduce the chord as well. I
do not think it is actually possible to see a deep or shallow-chord wing
in this specimen.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden