Ty's Posture

Philidor asks:

<< I had thought that the 'horizontal back and s-shaped neck' stance was a
more
recent conclusion.  Just curious about when the non-Godzilla posture was
introduced. >>

The first "accurate" depiction of Tyrannosaurus' posture that I know of is a
stunning pen-and-ink rendering by Erwin Christman of the vertebral column in
Osborn's "Skeletal Adaptations of Ornitholestes, Struthiomimus,
Tyrannosaurus" Bulletin American Museum of Natural History, Vol.35, 1917. Why
this was forgotten and or overlooked in subsequent depictions is a mystery to
me. DV