Re: * Dinosaur Diamond * Birds Study Reveals Info on Dinosaurs * First Dome-Headed Dinosaur * Mesozoic era dinosaur fossil * Dinosaurs in the

Roger Smith wrote:

> Welcome to this edition of  DINOSAURNEWS.
>
> Last year we brought you 740 dinosaur stories of international interest -
> this year we'll bring you 750 more!
>
> For the full story visit the NEWS section of the FREE webzine at this
> address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org
>
> The headlines:

--SNIP--

> **  Mesozoic era dinosaur fossil found in China
> A fossil group of ancient birds and dinosaurs dating back to the Mesozoic
> era 145 million years ago has been uncovered by archaeologists in north-east
> China.

Read the brief article.  Is it true that they have just discovered a trove of
dinosaur and bird fossils in China that are up to 145 million years old?  IF
this dating is correct, this could have serious implications for the origin and
diversification of birds.  IF...

--------Ralph W. Miller III
            ralph.miller@alumni.usc.edu