Re: "Inside the Hidden Kingdom" - the Royal Ontario Museum

Stephan Pickering wrote-
Having visitors watch excavation and preparation -- however long and tedious the actual tasks -- is not demeaning. In fact,
the paleontologists involved should encourage observation, and, where feasible, actual participation after the visitor has been trained.

I think it would be distracting that paleontologists from their work. Besides, similar exhibits I've seen on the East Coast do not permit any type of participation with the researchers, in other words, the visitor can't ask questions or really understand what is going on without having the situation totally reduced to a exhibition... of T.V. monitors or plaques...

Your logic is unfathomable to me.

I really feel that this statement was unnecessary.

Nick Gardner

MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail