Re: New in Nature: Birds Galore!

<Nice title, but it's not the dinosaurs that took to the air; dinosaurs
are  birds that re-took to the ground. They were airborne (after a
fashion), as  prolacertiforms, well before they became dinosaurs.>

  Ideals of what a "bird" is tell a different tale. We are aware of
George's assertion that "bird" equals a clade, but I have not yet seen any
argument that resolves that vernacular terminology must be in the same
measure as scientific terminology through any empirical manner. This is a
"personal choice" measure, and I for one, as I think most others reading
this, agree that "bird" (even if they don't use the word) refers to a
subset of dinosaurs, not a container for them.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden