Re: New in Nature: Birds Galore!

BRIEF COMMENT: If I am reading this correct -- and I
had sit down and do a Jeffrey's logic tree model for
relaxation -- you are saying that "birds" are a
"subset" of dinosaurs (specifically and only
Theropoda), and not a "clade".  Duh. More properly,
one could say that within Theropoda are feathered,
flying and secondarily flightless, taxa, some lineages
surviving the K/T extinction events as highly derived
taxa (some not always and necessarily related to
others) called "birds". However much some will try (it
as though they are on a quest for the holy grail of
parallel connections), "birds" cannot be separated
from "dinosaurs".