Re: T. rex monograph & CD

Chris Bennett wrote-
Now that we have to consider the possibility that _Tyrannosaurus_ had flight
feathers on its thighs, I think Chris Brochu should reconsider his hasty
conclusions about tyrannosaurs' aerial abilities.

In all seriousness, I would like to put forward that paleoartist Matt Martyniuk first referred to the elongate feathers on the thighs of the specimen described by Norell et al. 2002 as "butt-fans". I think this is a term worth keeping and would like to suggest that these or something similar may have been present on the thighs of tyrannosaurids and other semi-derived coelurosaurs for display.

Nick Gardner