Re: Sifaka and Chukar Behavior: Trees Down or Ground Up?

Nick Gardner (ratites637@hotmail.com) wrote:

<How about *Microraptor zhaoianus*?  Somehow, I don't think that they are
different species at all.>

  I'm not sure on the species problem myself, of any of the three named
species that seem most closely related to one another. As with
*Epidendrosaurus*, I tend to keep taxa separate until I would see reason
to synonymize them. Similarly, since I consider genera to be a formless
entity without any clear definition apart from species, I find it
difficult to tell the difference between one or the other. There are two
specimens that have features uniting them separate from that of *M.
zhaoianus*. Knowing Xu is aware of Czerckas' book, either the publication
was accepted before he was made aware of it, or he chose to ignore it.
Either way, the relationship of any of the species to one another has not
been fully substantiated to indicate that any are the same species.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden